Public Affairs: Government Communications
Government agencies routinely face many different kinds of communications challenges, and the nature of their funding streams, bureaucracies, and politics requires their communications agencies to adapt their thinking. EMA has extensive experience helping many government entities meet their public affairs goals with campaigns that have harnessed EMA’s skill and experience with advertising and marketing, public relations, and public affairs.
Our government clients have included:
- Albany County Airport Authority — Public relations counsel.
- City of Cohoes — Logo design.
- Central New York Regional Market (a public authority) — Public relations support in relaunching/reopening their public facilities after a multi-year redevelopment.
- Central New York Regional Transportation Authority (Centro) — Advertising (print, radio, television and outdoor), public relations and development/execution of creative.
- Fort Drum — U.S. Army Installation Management Command (IMCOM) Northeast Region — Public affairs and community relations for a campaign needed to persuade the federal government to leave the base open.
- Healthy New York (New York State Insurance Department) — Consumer media planning and placement (print, radio and television), plus advertising development/execution.
- I Love New York (Empire State Development Tourism) — Consumer media planning and placement (print, radio, television and online advertising), plus development/execution of advertising and public relations for tourism and economic development programs.
- I Love New York (Empire State Development Corporation) — Economic development program for lower Manhattan and New York City tourism. Consumer and business media planning and placement (print, radio and television), plus development/execution of advertising for economic development programs.
- New York City Library — Public relations program to support summer reading.
- New York State Canal Corporation — Consumer media planning and placement (print, radio and online), plus development/execution of advertising, public relations, marketing research and website development for tourism and economic development programs.
- New York State Department of Taxation and Finance — Consumer media planning and placement (print) for New York’s sales-tax-free weeks.
- New York State Department of Transportation — Consumer media planning and placement (television) related to work zone safety campaign.
- New York State Health Department — Public affairs and community relations for proposal to U.S. government for maximum-security bio-defense laboratory in Oneida County, New York.
- The New York State Office for Technology — Strategic planning and execution of public relations and community outreach for the Statewide Wireless Network, a proposed new wireless communications network for public safety and emergency response.
- New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services — Public relations program to reduce underage drinking.
- New York State Public Service Commission (Department of Public Service) — Consumer media planning (online and other), plus collateral development and execution for energy conservation and public utilities programs.
- Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency — Communications strategy to help establish them as one of the nation’s most successful solid waste management programs.
- Questar III BOCES — Public relations counsel.
- Shared Hospital Environmental Project — Public relations support to address issues regarding the incineration of medical waste.
- State of New Hampshire — Public relations support for tourism program.
Sean L. Casey Public Affairs
For the last 25 years, Sean has provided public affairs and public relations strategic counsel and tactical support to clients ranging from major corporations and law firms, to not-for-profit and higher education organizations.
- (518) 618-1502
- scasey at mower dot com